S11 E43 Misconception #2: You can do “good enough” editing and book design, so there’s no reason to pay for it.
- “Because most writers have totally unrealistic concepts of how publishing works.” — Jim Harrison
- Similar to trying to fix your own electric (or your own plumbing), you’re MUCH better off getting professional help.
- There are more than 400 steps to publishing a book. (Why would you spend the time, when instead you can be out speaking and connecting with potential clients?)
- Remember that most publishers only offer “one slice of pizza”. So make sure you get the whole pizza pie instead. Yummy!
- [TAKE ACTION] Find the right publisher for you, preferably someone who offers concierge, comprehensive, full-service publishing all under one roof!
Remember that if you want direct, live support from us for your business podcast, then contact us today at ibgr.info.
Each week we will walk through an easy-to-follow, proven, plug-and-play way to get YOUR podcast done, 13 minutes at a time, in just 13 weeks.
So follow the formula each week. And welcome to the show.
MEET THE HOSTS
Ben Gioia ("joya")
Book Coach, Strategist & Publishing Advisor
Ben Gioia ("joya") is a three-time, best-selling author, podcast, and international radio show host. He’s trained millionaires at Stanford and helped a Fortune 100 company elevate culture by creating an empathy video game for 20,000 employees. Ben makes it easy — for coaches, consultants, speakers, and small business owners — to get their book done in as little as 5 weeks!
From there, it’s making an impact as a unique expert, enjoying 5-figure speaking fees, and getting clients & partners BEFORE they’re published! With 38 years of writing adventures, Ben helped launch the world’s largest magazine (AARP) and his teachings are used by more than 50,000 people worldwide.
Global Radio Authority & Podcast Expert, IBGR Co-Founder
Donna Kunde is a podcast host & radio personality who has produced almost 14,000 podcasts, while elevating businesses, with more than 300,000 downloads (to date). So with her own international business radio station (and network), Donna is amplifying more than 70 experts (in 14 countries), reaching listeners in more than 180 countries, and delivering worldwide transformation, every single day. Donna is all about taking proven wisdom and applying it, 13 minutes at a time. Then turning that into a podcast AND book, in just 20 weeks. (It’s called the Influencers Formula.) If you’d like to learn more about the Influencers Formula for your business, contact Donna today.
TAGS: IBGR, IBGR Network, Donna Kunde, Ben Gioia (“joya”), business, podcasting, podcasting for business, online business, business podcast, business podcast, business tips, podcasting tips, business mastery, business coaching, business ideas, podcasting tutorial, start